Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by yo_keller <yo...@kepler.fr> on 2007/01/17 09:44:10 UTC

search or Tomcat ill response

I have been trying to re-start a previously installed Nutch configuration
(0.8.1), with Tomcat 5.5.17. It works well on crawling, indexing, merging.
However when I ask for a search, e.g. <br />

http://localhost:8080/search.jsp?lang=fr&query=Doppler

I get error messages
<pre>
exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org/apache/hadoop/io/Writable

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
</pre>
indicating probably some configuration issue.

Could anyone help me?

Re: search or Tomcat ill response

Posted by yo_keller <yo...@kepler.fr>.
I tried, as you suggested; I added a searcher.dir property to the
nutch-site.xml:

<property>
  <name>searcher.dir</name>
  <value>K:\nutch\web_srch\nutch\Crawl01</value>
</property>

then I created with ant a new .war package, installed it as ROOT.war, in
place of the existing one.

This time initially I get the same error message as before; when I tried to
stop and restart that ROOT webapp, from Tomcat's manager interface, I got a
different error:

<pre>
type Rapport d'exception

message

description Le serveur a rencontré une erreur interne () qui l'a empêché de
satisfaire la requête.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: loader constraints violated when linking
org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration class

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

cause mère

javax.servlet.ServletException: loader constraints violated when linking
org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration class

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:858)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)
	org.apache.jsp.search_jsp._jspService(search_jsp.java:759)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

</pre>

I don't see what Tomcat should be supplied with ...