Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Kettmann <dk...@netlogic.net> on 2004/08/26 18:27:56 UTC

Any reason why all_spam_to isnt working?

Hi,

In my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file, I have this line:

all_spam_to *@domain.com

Am I not using this line properly? when the email is sent, it is still scanning it and tagging the mail. These people have requested no spam filtering at all. I have restarted SA after I made changes to the config file. I am running SA 2.63.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave Kettmann
NetLogic
636-561-0680

Re: Any reason why all_spam_to isnt working?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 12:32 PM 8/26/2004, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:27:56AM -0500, Dave Kettmann wrote:
> > Am I not using this line properly? when the email is sent, it is still sc=
>anning it and tagging the mail. These people have requested no spam filteri=
>ng at all. I have restarted SA after I made changes to the config file. I a=
>m running SA 2.63.
>
>There is no setting in SpamAssassin to disable filtering.  If you pass
>something in, it'll get filtered.  all_spam_to just adds a negative score so
>the messages won't get tagged as spam.
>
>If you want to skip filtering, don't call SpamAssassin on the appropriate
>mails.

True all_spam_to won't cause scanning to be skipped, however it's negative
score should be strong enough to prevent the tagging from happening.

Dave, have you run spamassassin --lint to check for typos?

Re: Any reason why all_spam_to isnt working?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
De-fault!  The two sweetest words in the English language.

 		-- Homer Simpson
 		   Deep Space Homer