Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkatesh Sangam <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/01 20:41:35 UTC

MaxProcesses in Server.xml

Hi,

I am setting the value of MaxProcessors in server.xml to 500.
Is it possible that tomcat can handle 500 simultaneous connections.

I am generating 150 simultaneous requests.
These requests are for a servlet called ReadServlet.
This servlet sleeps for 10 secs and returns back with a respose "Done".

Once I have generated my 150 requests, I should be getting the response from
the tomcat server in 10 secs as the servlet does nothing but sleep for 10
secs.

But I am observing a strange behaviour.
The first 100 responses come in 10 secs and the next 50 come in 13secs.
Moreover this observation is not strict.
some times first 75 responses come in 10 secs and the next 75 in 13 secs.

Since I have set the value of MaxProcessors to 500, all the responses should
come in 10 secs.

Can anyone please tell me as to what the problem is ?

Thanks,
Venkatesh.

Re: MaxProcesses in Server.xml

Posted by Zhenxin wang <zh...@docomolabs-usa.com>.
If you set MinProcessors to be 500 also, see if there is any diff.

-- Zhenxin Wang
DoCoMo labs USA

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>