Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com> on 2001/10/04 11:11:57 UTC

Mime message source

Hi,

I modified the o.a.j.core.MimeMessageInputStreamSource class, because I
had many temporary files left in my /tmp directory. The temp files left by
James when exceptions occurred in SMTP handler; such as when the messages
are larger than the limit (not sure, but it could be). I changed the
file.delete() statement to be in the finalize() method, so that the temp
file would eventualy be deleted (when the object gc'ed by the JVM). I
believe it would be faster also, because the source size is put in an
object field (it's no longer invokes file.length()).

I've written a ToPostmaster mailet, which I included here in the
attachment. There is NotifyPostmaster and Forward mailets. And this mailet
tries to unify both; having the ability to send to the Postmaster (could
be done by the Forward mailet) but yet the original message would be
ghosted. It also provides a mailet config element for setting the Subject:
line in the forwarded messages. There something that needs fixing though,
the Received: header; it should be more complete.

Hopefully, these classes would be useful, and end up in the CVS.

Oki