Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2005/04/27 11:06:12 UTC

Bayes scores for 3.0.3

I propose we change this:

score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 0.372
score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.087
score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 2.063
score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 1.886

score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 1.0
score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.0
score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 3.0
score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 3.5

trivial enough?

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
I'd certainly vote for that, if I had a vote!

        Loren

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.
Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> I propose we change this:
>
> score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
> score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 0.372
> score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.087
> score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 2.063
> score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 1.886

> score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
> score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 1.0
> score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.0
> score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 3.0
> score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 3.5
>
> trivial enough?

+1, except my gut feeling is that BAYES_60 should be lower to be safe.
Maybe 0.5?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:06:12AM -0700, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> I propose we change this:
>
> score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
> score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 0.372
> score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.087
> score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 2.063
> score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 1.886

> score BAYES_50 0 0 1.567 0.001
> score BAYES_60 0 0 3.515 1.0
> score BAYES_80 0 0 3.608 2.0
> score BAYES_95 0 0 3.514 3.0
> score BAYES_99 0 0 4.070 3.5
>
> trivial enough?

+1, I've been running with similar scores for awhile now.

Michael

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 03:26:14PM -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:19:18PM -0700, Dan Quinlan wrote:
> > I think those scores are slightly wrong because we didn't use real-time
> > network results for 3.0.3.  The network rule hit rates were too high and
> > the Bayes scores were lowered too far.
>
> Arguably, then, shouldn't we do a new score generation run for 3.0.3?

Please, no!

Anyways, +1 on original proposal to modify Bayes scores.

--
Duncan Findlay

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> writes:

> Arguably, then, shouldn't we do a new score generation run for 3.0.3?

As long as hell has frozen over, I have no problem with that.

Daniel

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:19:18PM -0700, Dan Quinlan wrote:
> I think those scores are slightly wrong because we didn't use real-time
> network results for 3.0.3.  The network rule hit rates were too high and
> the Bayes scores were lowered too far.

Arguably, then, shouldn't we do a new score generation run for 3.0.3?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I'm convinced that the body metal for this car was supplied by Reynold's

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.

Re: Bayes scores for 3.0.3

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.