Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@gmail.com on 2007/10/13 21:38:00 UTC

The breadcrumbs have been served!

Greetings --

I finished the S2 breadcrumb plug-in and you are welcome to it and the
source code at www.strutsschool.com.  I plan to cover the plug-in process in
a chapter of the Struts 2 in Action <http://www.manning.com/dbrown/>  book
which is soon to be released.  Until then, a few folks have asked if they
could get it sooner.  Once you download the plug-in, be sure to see the
README.txt file contained inside the jar.  This explains how to add and
configure the plug-in to your liking and sample HTML code for displaying the
crumbs on your site.

Please let me know of any issues that you encounter and I will accept
feature requests at $100.00 each or three for $250.00! :)

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com

Re: The breadcrumbs have been served!

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Hey Emi Lu --

The breadcrumb plug-in keeps a trail of crumbs up to the max you specify.
If you want to clear it (or manipulate it in some way) at particular points
in your workflow, you can do that by requesting it from the session and
doing whatever you like.  The documentation reveals how it is stored in
session.

Scott

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
> There is a slight issue with www.strutsschool.com (demo site for the
> breadcrumb plugin?).

This breadcrumb never got cleaned.

For example, when user goes from home to page1 then to page 2, I would
expect showing

    Home > Page1 > Page2

When Users go back to Page1, showing "Home > Page1"

When Users go to Home, showing "Home"

Is the new Breadcrumbs
plugin(http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/breadcrumbs-plugin.html)
supports the above feature already?

Thanks!
-e

Re: The breadcrumbs have been served!

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Great ideas Mark!  Does this mean I now owe you ca$h?  I didn't consider the
permutation where you would discuss improvements without actually requesting
them!  You are a thinking man aren't you?  I'll work the RESTful style of
request METHOD into the configuration after studying that plugin first.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Posted by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/10/13, stanlick@gmail.com <st...@gmail.com>:

> Greetings --
>
> I finished the S2 breadcrumb plug-in and you are welcome to it and the
> source code at www.strutsschool.com.

What is the license?

Antonio

P.S.: The Tiles link is wrong, point it to:
http://tiles.apache.org/

Re: The breadcrumbs have been served!

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
So is it Struts or Struts 1?  And what if I am using Struts 1.3 :)  And if I
am using Strus 1 with Spring, is this Spruts or String?

Scott

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/13/07, stanlick@gmail.com <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings --
>
> I finished the S2 breadcrumb plug-in and you are welcome to it and the
> source code at www.strutsschool.com.

Struts Classic?  We only called it that briefly during one of the svn
reorgs, it didn't stick.  It's just Struts, or Struts 1 if you're
trying to differentiate.  http://struts.apache.org/1.x/

--
Wendy

Re: The breadcrumbs have been served!

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
You are a kind man Wes.  I have enjoyed Tiles because of its support for JIT
data fetches and panel inheritance.  However, with Tiles 2 not "playing
well" with Struts 2/Spring integration, it is looking less glamorous.  I
wrote a DelegatingTilesController that will get a configured Spring Bean
according to a Tiles def attribute name, but I feel like I am doing plumbing
a framework should handle and who would consider looking at the
tiles.xmlput-attribute to debug a link to a Spring bean???  Wow, did I
get off on a
tangent?

        WebApplicationContext ctx = (WebApplicationContext) getApplication()
                .get(
WebApplicationContext.ROOT_WEB_APPLICATION_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE);

        Attribute bean = attributeContext.getAttribute("beanName");
        BaseController ctl = (BaseController) ctx.getBean((String)
bean.getValue());

        ctl.execute(tilesRequestContext, attributeContext);

Anyways, I'm always up for an alternative.

Scott

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Hey Scott,

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.