Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/06/19 21:53:28 UTC

Apache 2.0.39 and mod_jk2.dll nightly incompatible?

Hi,

I figured I should upgrade to Apache 2.0.39 because of the security
alert.  However, now that I have, the mod_jk.dll (version 1.2, I
believe) that I downloaded from http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/ which
worked fine with Apache 2.0.36 doesn't work.  Apache won't even start.
Here's the info from the NT Event Viewer log:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
Apache.exe: module
"C:\jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-b3-src\jk\native\apache-2.0\mod_jk.c"
is not compatible with this version of Apache.

So, I figured.  Well, that must mean that I just need to upgrade to
mod_jk2.  I downloaded mod_jk2.dll from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/nightly/win32/ .
I removed mod_jk.dll from Apache2/modules and and added mod_jk2.dll
and tried starting Apache expecting no problems.  I got another error.
The event log now has:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
Apache.exe: module
"E:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-connectors\jk\native2\server\apache2\mod_jk2.c"
is not compatible with this version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

So, is there a problem with Apache 2.0.39 or are the jk modules out of
step with current Apache development?  If anyone has a mod_jk.dll that
works with Apache 2.0.39, could you please send it to me or let me
know where to download it?

Thanks,

Jake

Re: Apache 2.0.39 and mod_jk2.dll nightly incompatible?

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
can somebody confirm or deny whether this issue also occurs on linux? I
don't want to upgrade my production linux server until there's a module
that will work for it..

Liam Morley

Posted by Charles Sanders <c-...@wcom.com>.

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.