Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bharathp <bh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/01/06 12:19:45 UTC

Database is not being updated with more than 3000 records

hi

I am using the Jmeter tool to test the performance of a SOAP web method
which insertes data into a MY SQL 2005 database. I have a dataset of about
16000 recors to be inserted into the table from a configured csv data set
file.
I have set the thread group have 100 users with a loop count  of 80 and
ramup in 1000 seconds.
the test stops automatically after 3000 samples and the database is updated
with 3000 records.

can anyone let me know why this is happening and how to resolve the same.
The database is on a Windows xp server and the web method is being called on
a windows 2003 server.
Jmeter is running on my desktop windows xp machine.

Re: Database is not being updated with more than 3000 records

Posted by Jatin Davey <ja...@cisco.com>.
Try adding some delay using "Timers"to the actual sampler that is adding
the data into the database. This may not be JMeter issue. Its just that
your DB is unable to handle this load. Adding some delay to the samplers
worked for me. It will give some breathing time to the DB. There might
also be concurrent DB write issues.

Try with 500 ms or 1000ms delay.

Thanks
Jatin