Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mark Brucks <br...@j3s.us> on 2003/03/25 18:04:36 UTC

normalizeDocument calls printStackTrace

We are using CoreDocumentImpl.normalizeDocument() as our method to
revalidate a document after changes.  One interesting aspect of the
implementation is that there is a direct call to printStackTrace at the
end of this method.  I assume this is still in here because this is an
unexpected fatal error and the implementors wanted to know about it.
 However, this causes an application to hang when there is no error
stream.  In future releases, even when they are still experimental,
could you please remove the call to printStackTrace or change the code
from "if (true)..." to "if (DEBUG)...".  Thanks.

Given that this is experimental code, do the authors want bug reports at
this time?

Mark Brucks