You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> on 2007/09/25 15:40:50 UTC
Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Heyall
With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a release
on sunday?
/Frank
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On 9/27/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I say create a beta4 this weekend. It will be Frank's first Wicket
> release, which is already exciting. Let's concentrate on getting the
> release burden off my shoulders and prepare 7 other beta's as well ;-)
Hehe, uhh so exciting :-)
Seriously, I think a beta5 might be in the best interest of the community.
>
+1
But I still think that there should be no known regressions from beta3.
Frank
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I say create a beta4 this weekend. It will be Frank's first Wicket
release, which is already exciting. Let's concentrate on getting the
release burden off my shoulders and prepare 7 other beta's as well ;-)
Seriously, I think a beta5 might be in the best interest of the community.
Martijn
On 9/25/07, Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've not looked at the rest of the issues, so that may be
> unrepresentative, but I'd be concerned that we don't hold up the
> release for things that appear to be only of minority interest.
>
> My vote would be a beta4 or RC as soon as possible - If there's then
> something that we really should have added, there's always V1.3.1...
>
> /Gwyn
>
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 3:10:13 PM, Martijn <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I still see a lot of unresolved issues, that are breakers for 1.3
> > final IMO. For example stateless pages in combination with forms seem
> > unusable, at least looking at the issues. I think that needs to be
> > solved before we consider releasing the final beta. Or we need to plan
> > another one, or just bite the bullet and go into RC after this, fixing
> > the issues along the way.
>
> > The last snapshot was published on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:06:11 GMT, also
> > not a very good indicator of stability.
>
> > Martijn
>
> > On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Heyall
> >>
> >> With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a release
> >> on sunday?
> >>
> >> /Frank
> >>
>
>
>
--
Buy Wicket in Action: http://manning.com/dashorst
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
I've not looked at the rest of the issues, so that may be
unrepresentative, but I'd be concerned that we don't hold up the
release for things that appear to be only of minority interest.
My vote would be a beta4 or RC as soon as possible - If there's then
something that we really should have added, there's always V1.3.1...
/Gwyn
On Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 3:10:13 PM, Martijn <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still see a lot of unresolved issues, that are breakers for 1.3
> final IMO. For example stateless pages in combination with forms seem
> unusable, at least looking at the issues. I think that needs to be
> solved before we consider releasing the final beta. Or we need to plan
> another one, or just bite the bullet and go into RC after this, fixing
> the issues along the way.
> The last snapshot was published on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:06:11 GMT, also
> not a very good indicator of stability.
> Martijn
> On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Heyall
>>
>> With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a release
>> on sunday?
>>
>> /Frank
>>
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> IMHO we should prepare ourselves for a beta5 now that we have accepted
> portlet support, which (hopefully) will get some field testing with the
> beta4 release. That doesn't change the fact that we should aim for a beta4
> that is more stable, better, etc. than beta3. So if there are serious
> issues, then they should be fixed before it's released.
I agree. I also still think a final release should fix most of the
known *real* issues, whether we need 4 or 10 betas.
Eelco
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
yes i think we should just make beta builds.
I don't mind that we get beta5 and or beta6 also before rc1/rc2 and then the
final..
Thats more up to the persons who have to build them ..
And i see that currently everything is building in bamboo.
johan
On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> IMHO we should prepare ourselves for a beta5 now that we have accepted
> portlet support, which (hopefully) will get some field testing with the
> beta4 release. That doesn't change the fact that we should aim for a beta4
> that is more stable, better, etc. than beta3. So if there are serious
> issues, then they should be fixed before it's released.
>
> Frank
>
> On 9/25/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I still see a lot of unresolved issues, that are breakers for 1.3
> > final IMO. For example stateless pages in combination with forms seem
> > unusable, at least looking at the issues. I think that needs to be
> > solved before we consider releasing the final beta. Or we need to plan
> > another one, or just bite the bullet and go into RC after this, fixing
> > the issues along the way.
> >
> > The last snapshot was published on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:06:11 GMT, also
> > not a very good indicator of stability.
> >
> > Martijn
> >
> > On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Heyall
> > >
> > > With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a
> > release
> > > on sunday?
> > >
> > > /Frank
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Buy Wicket in Action: http://manning.com/dashorst
> > Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
> > Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/
> >
>
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
IMHO we should prepare ourselves for a beta5 now that we have accepted
portlet support, which (hopefully) will get some field testing with the
beta4 release. That doesn't change the fact that we should aim for a beta4
that is more stable, better, etc. than beta3. So if there are serious
issues, then they should be fixed before it's released.
Frank
On 9/25/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I still see a lot of unresolved issues, that are breakers for 1.3
> final IMO. For example stateless pages in combination with forms seem
> unusable, at least looking at the issues. I think that needs to be
> solved before we consider releasing the final beta. Or we need to plan
> another one, or just bite the bullet and go into RC after this, fixing
> the issues along the way.
>
> The last snapshot was published on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:06:11 GMT, also
> not a very good indicator of stability.
>
> Martijn
>
> On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Heyall
> >
> > With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a
> release
> > on sunday?
> >
> > /Frank
> >
>
>
> --
> Buy Wicket in Action: http://manning.com/dashorst
> Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
> Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/
>
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I still see a lot of unresolved issues, that are breakers for 1.3
final IMO. For example stateless pages in combination with forms seem
unusable, at least looking at the issues. I think that needs to be
solved before we consider releasing the final beta. Or we need to plan
another one, or just bite the bullet and go into RC after this, fixing
the issues along the way.
The last snapshot was published on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:06:11 GMT, also
not a very good indicator of stability.
Martijn
On 9/25/07, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Heyall
>
> With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a release
> on sunday?
>
> /Frank
>
--
Buy Wicket in Action: http://manning.com/dashorst
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/
Re: Release 1.3.0 Beta-4 this weekend?
Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 2:40:50 PM, Frank <fr...@apache.org> wrote:
> With the portlet support approaching, is it possible for me to do a release
> on sunday?
We've still got that failing ImageTest - see my email over the w/e,
but summary is that I think that Igor's WICKET-974 patch changed the
results the test's expecting. I'm not sure if it's a matter of
just changing the expectation or if the change is significant.
/Gwyn