Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sean Wheller <se...@inwords.co.za> on 2005/05/09 17:20:19 UTC

I18n Property

Hi,

I would like to translate my web site to a number of languages and have the
possability for uses to select their language of preference using a
drop-list. In forrest.properties I see
#I18n Property only works for the "forrest run" target.
#project.i18n=true

Seems this will only work within a webapp environment.

Anyone have sugestions on how I can implement this?
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author

Re: I18n Property

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I would like to translate my web site to a number of languages and have the
>>possability for uses to select their language of preference using a
>>drop-list. In forrest.properties I see
>>#I18n Property only works for the "forrest run" target.
>>#project.i18n=true
>>
>>Seems this will only work within a webapp environment.
>>
>>Anyone have sugestions on how I can implement this?

This patch will allow you to output the site base on the language of the
systems. I put some information on my blog I hope that it will help you out:
http://casa.che-che.com/blog/
still not complete, when finish, I will import it using rss2document.xsl
 :-)

Cheers,
cheche

Re: I18n Property

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to translate my web site to a number of languages and have the
> possability for uses to select their language of preference using a
> drop-list. In forrest.properties I see
> #I18n Property only works for the "forrest run" target.
> #project.i18n=true
>
> Seems this will only work within a webapp environment.
>
> Anyone have sugestions on how I can implement this?

I have got a patch on my laptop. I will try to gather someinfo and I
will let you know. Maybe that works for you as well...

cheers,
cheche