Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by John Langley <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/23 17:29:41 UTC

patch for org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.xmlDomUtil

Attached is a patch I'd like to propose for DomUtils.java
It does two things.
1) it adds a "catch" for an exception that can occur when xerces is on your
classpath and the createFactory() method runs (at init time). Apparently the
xerces version of DocumentBuilderFactory doesn't support this method.
2) it adds a method that allows us to inject a customized version of the
DocumentBuilderFactory. You may want to inject a DocumentBuilderFactory if
you want to make have a local catalog resolver used for xml validation. In
practice we use this technique to address this issue:
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic

I'd love feedback by a commiter if something needs to be changed and then it
would be great if someone would submit it for me.

Thanks

-- Langley

Re: Fwd: patch for org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.xmlDomUtil

Posted by John Langley <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Angela, will do.
-- Langley

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.