Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/14 19:35:24 UTC

Re[4]: Limit POST problem (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from CJOHNS03 -----

  >It might be possible to get Apache to do what you want but I don't
  >know how.

  I was wondering if you could please forward this on to someone who
  might know.  I would really appreciate it.  The documentation on this
  is somewhat vague, but it from I can tell, it should work.  I am
  pretty much stuck at this point.

  Again, here is the problem:

   I want to limit posting so that when someone hits the Submit button
  to post to the form, they are prompted for a password.  Everyone
  should be able to see (GET) the page, but only the people with
  passwords should be able to post. We have an .htaccess file in the
  directory that does not seemto be working:

     AuthUserFile /usr/local/http/ess/conf/.htpasswd
     AuthGroupFile /usr/local/http/ess/conf/.htgroup
     AuthName ISP Registration
     AuthType Basic

     <Limit POST>
     require valid-user