Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Harold <th...@nybeta.com> on 2014/04/08 04:23:25 UTC

Re: sa-update (nightly mass-check)

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/NightlyMassCheck

> NOTE: New masscheck contributors are now being accepted since about 2012-08-09.

Is that supposed to say "now being" or "not being"?

Re: sa-update (nightly mass-check)

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Dave Warren wrote:

> On 2014-04-07 19:23, Thomas Harold wrote:
>> >  NOTE: New masscheck contributors are now being accepted since about
>> >  2012-08-09.
>>  Is that supposed to say "now being" or "not being"?
>
> I'm assuming "now being" since there are regular mentions of a need for ham
> corpus. But that's just a hopeful guess, given that I've put some resources
> into setting up appropriate systems and preparing some messages to start the
> process.

Get in touch with Kevin McGrail for submission credentials.

   Maxim XI: Everything is air-droppable at least once.
  5 days until Thomas Jefferson's 271st Birthday

Re: sa-update (nightly mass-check)

Posted by Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com>.
On 2014-04-08 11:17, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 4/8/2014 2:15 PM, Dave Warren wrote:

>>> Yes, we can make accounts again.  Did you send a request?
>>
>> Indeed, I sent a message to private@ as described on the wiki.
> OK, cc me and send again please.  it might not have been moderated
> through.

Sent and CC'd, thanks!

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/

Re: sa-update (nightly mass-check)

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.

Posted by Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com>.
On 2014-04-08 03:56, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> Is that supposed to say "now being" or "not being"?
>>
>> I'm assuming "now being" since there are regular mentions of a need
>> for ham corpus. But that's just a hopeful guess, given that I've put
>> some resources into setting up appropriate systems and preparing some
>> messages to start the process.
>>
> Yes, we can make accounts again.  Did you send a request?

Indeed, I sent a message to private@ as described on the wiki.

> However, the ham is not starved.  We have been publishing rules. Not
> sure where the disconnect on the firing of the script is coming from.

Understood. However, over the last couple years, there have been
multiple times that this was mentioned (whether it was actually true or
not), which is what motivated me to attempt to contribute.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 4/9/2014 2:53 PM, Thomas Harold wrote:
> On 4/8/2014 6:56 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>> Yes, we can make accounts again.  Did you send a request?
>>
>> However, the ham is not starved.  We have been publishing rules. Not
>> sure where the disconnect on the firing of the script is coming from.
>>
>> Regards,
>> KAM
>>

> Assisting in the mass-check is on my to-do list later this year.  I have
> a mail account that gets 80+ spam per day and I get 5-30 outside mails
> each day.
Every little bit helps!

Re: sa-update (nightly mass-check)

Posted by Thomas Harold <th...@nybeta.com>.