Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Tim Mitsch <t....@pragmaticindustries.de> on 2018/11/24 10:51:29 UTC

Integration of OPC UA into PLC4X

Hallo everybody

As more and more great features have been and will be integrated into PLC4X something like OPC-UA server functionality (e.g. based on Eclipse Milo<https://github.com/eclipse/milo>) would be a great feature for usage in various environments and fast implementing visualization according to free OPC UA clients.

Task has been addressed by Julian within https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLC4X-51 and has been clearified by Chris due to legal-reasons (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLC4X-7 ).

If nobody had yet started working on these topics I would give the (milo) integration a try and will start working on OPC UA integration.

What do you think?

Best
Tim

AW: Integration of OPC UA into PLC4X

Posted by Tim Mitsch <t....@pragmaticindustries.de>.
Hey all

Sounds good - lets have a look for a suitable date with respect to our daily work.
What about Fr 2018/12/14?

Best
Tim

Am 04.12.18, 16:54 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hey Matthias,

    it would also be a pleasure for us, if you woudl help us : )
    But, back to topic... what about a small pre-christmas one day hackathon in Nürtingen for OPC UA?
    We could provide all that’s necessary ("Glühwein", cookies, ...).

    @Matthis, @Tim, what do you think?

    Of course all others are also invited to join!!

    Julian

    Am 04.12.18, 10:38 schrieb "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>:

        Hi Tim,

        + 1

        That would be greate!
        If i could help you there a bit it would be a pleasure for me ;)

        Greetings
        Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.
        --
        Interesse an Steuerungstechnik aus der Cloud und anderen Innovationen?
        Informieren Sie sich über die Stuttgarter Innovationstage vom 12.-13. Februar 2019.

        Seidenstraße 36
        70174 Stuttgart
        GERMANY

        Tel: +49 711 685-84530
        Fax: +49 711 685-74530

        E-Mail: matthias.strljic@isw.uni-stuttgart.de

Re: AW: Integration of OPC UA into PLC4X

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
I been checking Milo several weeks ago and even had chat with Jens
Reimann, one of project committers at EclipseCon. I asked if Milo is
used in "space" and got confirmation from him. According to what I heard
there is at least one commercial product which is based on it.

Looking forward to see it running with plc4x!

Cheers,
Lukasz
--
Apache Karaf committer & PMC member
Founder of http://connectorio.com

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
+1 from my side.
Perhaps it could also help to create a little design doc after a first prototype in our confluence.
I think chris can give permissions there?

Julian

Am 24.11.18, 13:54 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Tim,

    absolute +1 for you checking this out.

    Even if it saddens me, that people are looking for this feature instead of using PLC4X and its integration modules directly, it will definitely help increase the user numbers of PLC4X.

    Looking forward to a pull request.

    Chris

Posted by Sebastian Rühl <se...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Tim,