Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sr...@timeinc.com on 2005/04/07 22:03:48 UTC

Question regarding Ant custom task

I have a Java class with couple of public methods. When this method is
called in a target task .

public String statcollection(){

    if (j>0){

		 System.out.println("Problem with the messages");

		 System.out.println("The number of messages in the queue
since  "+ minutesinput +"minutes " + j );

		 System.out.println("Actual Directory for messages is "
+ ActualDir);

	 }else
	 {
		  System.out.println("The number of messages in the
queue since  "+ minutesinput +"minutes " + j );

		  System.out.println("The total number of messages in
the queue " +  i);

 }

	return ActualDir;
}

The variable j is global. Is it possible inside the task to check for
the value of j and use a subtask to send out an email.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks
srikrishna

RE: Question regarding Ant custom task

Posted by Rainer Noack <ra...@noacks.net>.
Hi srikrishna,

1. What do you mean with a "global variable" in Java?
2. You can use Project.createTask("mail") to create a mailtask.
3. Another way (easier): set a ant-property with the value of j from inside
your javacode
   and call the mailtask from your build script depending on the existence
or value of this property.

Cheers

Rainer