Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Susana Alves <su...@ist.utl.pt> on 2011/04/14 20:12:20 UTC

Issue python adapter to owl

Hello all,

I am doing my work with ontologies and python.

In particular, i need to invoke an OWL reasoner from python. For that
purpose, I have downloaded seth and I have tried using it but it requires
old packages (such as rdflib) and I can not put it to work.

Basically, i need an owl reasoner that can be used with python. Do you know
more recently tools that can be used to my purpose or if Jena has already
implemented an adaptor/module to complement my purpose?

Thank you in advance,

Susana Alves

Re: Issue python adapter to owl

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.
On 14 Apr 2011, at 19:12, Susana Alves wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am doing my work with ontologies and python.
>
> In particular, i need to invoke an OWL reasoner from python. For that
> purpose, I have downloaded seth and I have tried using it but it requires
> old packages (such as rdflib) and I can not put it to work.
>
> Basically, i need an owl reasoner that can be used with python. Do you know
> more recently tools that can be used to my purpose or if Jena has already
> implemented an adaptor/module to complement my purpose?

You could try jython [1] which would allow full use of jena from python.

Beyond jena and java (and hence off topic) there is fuxi [2] which has some OWL support.

Damian

[1] <http://www.jython.org/>
[2] <http://code.google.com/p/fuxi/>