Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Elderclei R Reami <re...@vertisnet.com.br> on 2002/07/23 16:53:57 UTC

Struts & Persistence

Hi again,

Does anyone know about usage of persistence frameworks, like Torque & OJB
from Apache Group, with Struts?

Thanks for all the help with code generation. I downloaded StrutsBuilder
and Eclipse+EasyStruts to evaluate and they are great tools. About self-
generated apps from database schema and beer... Huhr! Sounds nice and we
can start a new project from the idea :)

Best Regards,
Elder

RE: Struts & Persistence

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
I was hoping that someone was going to say.....

"Yes, I'm building an add-on component that allows you to use your existing
form-bean declarations to map your tables right in the struts-config.xml and
you can even use DynaActionForms!"

Any takers?

(Tumble weeds blow by as the wind howls)

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

RE: Struts & Persistence

RE: Struts & Persistence

Posted by Chuck Cavaness <ch...@attbi.com>.

RE: Struts & Persistence

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 12:24 PM -0700 2002/07/23, Joe Barefoot wrote:
>That makes sense, I was wondering how it could handle it in a generic
>fashion.  I suppose it adds a row to the OJB_SEQ table for every table
>column that it has to autoincrement.
>
>I further suppose it could accomplish an auto-increment insert with a single
>DB call if they use a nested select from the OJB_SEQ table for the
>auto-increment column, followed by an update to the OJB_SEQ table to
>actually increment that column value, both statements executed as a single
>batch call.

OJB is pretty pluggable; you can specify an implementation class of a
SequenceManager interface which can take responsibility for assigning
primary keys.  You could make one that knows about your existing
sequences.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/ojb/sequencemanager.html>

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>

RE: Struts & Persistence