Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 16:59:03 UTC

Schema init 'best practice'

I want to package some schema with a library.

I could use the hector API to create the schema if not found. Or I
could, what, stuff a yaml file into something? Is there an API for
that, or do I end up where I started?

Re: Schema init 'best practice'

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to package some schema with a library.
>
> I could use the hector API to create the schema if not found.

That's probably simplest for your users.  (This is what stress.java
does, for instance.)

Otherwise, I'd recommend bundling a cli script that does the desired
create statements.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra