Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 01:45:22 UTC

Security

All,

I just commited an initial version of security. This includes support
for PermissionAdmin and ConditionalPermissionAdmin by means of an
extension bundle.

It is still somewhat rough around the edges and documentation
definitely needs to be improved as well as some none functional todos
addressed. However, I think it does go a long way towards a complete
security implementation. Basically, what is needed next is to comb
through the framework and make sure we do all the needed security
checks. I did that a while ago already one time but there are still
some missing places and some have changed so that we need to revisit
them.

Furthermore, I will add documentation and instructions on how to get
it to run to the wiki as soon as I find the time - might take a little
so please be patient :-).

For the impatient: start the framework with security enabled,
allpermission granted (java -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=all.policy -jar bin/felix.jar), install the
extension bundle and you should have the services as well as
permission checks.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Security

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Excellent work, Karl! Keep up the good work.

-> richard