Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ke...@sybase.com on 2005/07/21 01:19:58 UTC

acl question

In my domain.xml I have setup permission such that under "/" all can
read-acl, write-acl, unlock and read (the default)
  <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
  <permission action="/actions/write-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
  <permission action="/actions/unlock" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
  <permission action="/actions/read" subject="all" inheritable="true"/>

Under "/files" I have setup permission such that anyone authenticated can
do anything, write if authenticated (although redundant I think),

and the owner can read-acl (also redundant?)

  <permission action="all" subject="authenticated" inheritable="true"/>
  <permission action="/actions/write" subject="authenticated" inheritable=
"true"/>
  <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="owner" inheritable="true"
/>

I am using the JNDIPrincipalStore for user and roles so this is all I have
in the domain.xml (default from the JNDI example):

                        <objectnode classname=
"org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users">
                              <permission action="all" subject="self"
inheritable="true"/>
                              <permission action="all" subject=
"authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
                        </objectnode>
                        <objectnode classname=
"org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/roles">
                              <permission action="all" subject="self"
inheritable="true"/>
                              <permission action="all" subject=
"authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
                        </objectnode>

User A authenticates and writes file X to the WebDAV server.

User B authenticates and changes the contents of file X on the server.

The problem is that user A and user B belong different roles and should not
be able to do this.

How or where do I define this restriction?

Thanks

Re: acl question

Posted by Ke...@sybase.com.
If User A is in Accounting and User B is in Engineering I do not want them
to be able to see the same files but I want them both to be able to write
and have full access to files within their same roles.

             "Jacob Lund"
             <jl@qualiware.net
                                       "Slide Users Mailing List"
             07/21/2005 03:34          <sl...@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: acl question
               "Slide Users
               Mailing List"
             <slide-user@jakar
              ta.apache.org>

Hi Kevin!

Maybe I missed something. But if you have allow all to authenticated users
-
then why should your case with user A and B not be allowed?

/jacob

Re: acl question

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
Hi Kevin!

Maybe I missed something. But if you have allow all to authenticated users -
then why should your case with user A and B not be allowed?

/jacob

> In my domain.xml I have setup permission such that under "/" all can
> read-acl, write-acl, unlock and read (the default)
>  <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
> negative="true"/>
>  <permission action="/actions/write-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
> negative="true"/>
>  <permission action="/actions/unlock" subject="all" inheritable="true"
> negative="true"/>
>  <permission action="/actions/read" subject="all" inheritable="true"/>
>
> Under "/files" I have setup permission such that anyone authenticated can
> do anything, write if authenticated (although redundant I think),
>
> and the owner can read-acl (also redundant?)
>
>  <permission action="all" subject="authenticated" inheritable="true"/>
>  <permission action="/actions/write" subject="authenticated" inheritable=
> "true"/>
>  <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="owner" inheritable="true"
> />
>
> I am using the JNDIPrincipalStore for user and roles so this is all I have
> in the domain.xml (default from the JNDI example):
>
>                        <objectnode classname=
> "org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users">
>                              <permission action="all" subject="self"
> inheritable="true"/>
>                              <permission action="all" subject=
> "authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
>                        </objectnode>
>                        <objectnode classname=
> "org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/roles">
>                              <permission action="all" subject="self"
> inheritable="true"/>
>                              <permission action="all" subject=
> "authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
>                        </objectnode>
>
> User A authenticates and writes file X to the WebDAV server.
>
> User B authenticates and changes the contents of file X on the server.
>
> The problem is that user A and user B belong different roles and should
> not
> be able to do this.
>
> How or where do I define this restriction?
>
> Thanks

JNDI and OpenLDAP access

Posted by Ke...@sybase.com.
This is a question for people who have implemented the
JNDIPrincipalStrore/LDAP (openLDAP)

What do you have defined in your slapd.conf?
I am looking for some examples, I have the following but it is too
restrictive and does not allow access.

access to attr=userpassword
       by self       write
       by anonymous  auth
       by *          none

access to *
       by self       write
       by users      read
       by *          none

If I have the normal access open to all it works.

 access to *
      by * read