Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jesus Ibanez <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 11:45:03 UTC

Lucandra or some way to query

Hello.

I need to know how to search in Cassandra. I could save the data in
different ways so I can then retrive it like for example this:

get keyspace.users['123']
=> (column=name, value=John, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)

get keyspace.searchByName['John']
=> (column=userID, value=123, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)
=> (column=userID, value=456, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)
=> (column=userID, value=789, timestamp=xxxxxxxxxx)

This works, but is very hard to maintain in the future and the amount of
data increase exponentially. You can do it for some data, but if I have to
do it for each property I need to query on, I have doubts if this is a good
idea. But if you think it can works, I will do it.

I red about Lucandra and seems interesting, but I couldn't run the examples,
I don't know if it is a good idea to use it and to be honest, I don't know
where to start.

I need to query a lot in my website, so what do you Cassandra users,
developers and testers recommend me?
Option 1 - insert data in all different ways I need in order to be able to
query?
Option 2 - implement Lucandra? Can you link me to a blog or an article that
guides me on how to implement Lucandra?
Option 3 - switch to an SQL database? (I hope not).

Thanks in advance!

Jesus.

Re: Lucandra or some way to query

Posted by malsmith <ma...@treehousesystems.com>.
We looking into migrating from a replicated solr infrastructure to some
form of clustered approach.  Lucandra looks fantastic -- but this
statement is troubling:

"No normalizations are stored (no scoring)"  from
http://github.com/tjake/Lucandra

When I use the demo/samples get do get a relevance score, can anyone
describe (or give a scenario) when this limitation would become a
problem?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by HubertChang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhuguo Shi <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What doesn't work with lucandra exactly?  Feel free to msg me.

-Jake

Posted by Jesus Ibanez <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.