Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Anshu Rajendra <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 23:43:09 UTC

Deploying multiple Prediction IO engines simultaneously

Hi,

Is there a limit to how many different Prediction-IO engines we can deploy
on a machine simultaneously using different ports?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Anshu Rajendra

Re: Deploying multiple Prediction IO engines simultaneously

Posted by Vaghawan Ojha <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Although, this page (https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/deploy/) and
this page (https://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/deploy/enginevariants/)
both are silent in regarding how many different Prediction IO engines you
could deploy on a machine. I don't think there is a limitation on that, but
I'm not sure if a single machine can do all the jobs of multiple engines
with huge datasets streaming on.

However, I've had deployed 10 multiple engines in a production server, each
with different events and in some cases with different templates as well.

Thanks
Vaghawan