Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Esteban Dugueperoux <du...@free.fr> on 2007/10/27 11:05:02 UTC

admin webapp

Hi,

I'm a new user to Tomcat 5.5 on Debian Etch, I have installed all tomcat 5.5 packages :
        - tomcat5.5
        - tomcat5.5-admin
        - tomcat5.5-webapps
        - libtomcat5.5-java

I have added this line to /var/lib/tomcat5.5/conf/tomcat-users.xml :

<user username="XXX" password="XXX" roles="admin,manager"/>

I go to http://XXX:8180/
I clicked on "Tomcat Manager" and it works but with "Tomcat Administration" it doesn"t works

I have looked for in forums without answers

Someone can help me?

Re: admin webapp

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Esteban Dugueperoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user to Tomcat 5.5 on Debian Etch, I have installed all tomcat 5.5 packages :

There have been repeated reports of third-party Tomcat packages not
working correctly. I don't know if this is the case here.

I would remove these and download the tar.gz from Apache and try that.
Alternatively, you could try raising a bug with Debian.

Mark