Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Zheng, Wenxing (NSN - CN/Beijing)" <we...@nsn.com> on 2009/09/11 08:46:39 UTC

unscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: ext David B. Ritch [mailto:david.ritch@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:07
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Decommissioning Individual Disks

Thank you both.  That's what we did today.  It seems fairly reasonable
when a node has a few disks, say 3-5.  However, at some sites, with
larger nodes, it seems more awkward.  When a node has a dozen or more
disks (as used in the larger terasort benchmarks), migrating the data
off all the disks is likely to be more of an issue.  I hope that there
is a better solution to this before my client moves to much larger
nodes!  ;-)

dbr