Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2020/06/22 07:53:03 UTC

Backport Packages Release Candidate

Hello Everyone,

I have a kind request - it would be great to have more people take a look
and try to install and do some tests with the Backport Packages release
candidate.

We are just voting on a final (I hope) release of "Backport Packages"
release candidates.

In case you have not followed - Backport Packages are a way to start using
Airflow 2.0 providers (Hooks, Operators, Sensors, Secrets) in Airflow 1.10
easily (by installing backport packages from PyPI). It has a number of
benefits:
- we can make sure Airflow 2.0 providers are working as expected before
Airflow 2.0 is released
- Airflow 1.10 users can benefit from hundreds(!) of new/fixed/updated
operators from Airflow 2.0 without impacting their current
DAGs/operators/Airflow instances.
- Airflow 1.10 will get an easier migration path to Airflow 2.0 once it is
available.

You can find more information about the Backport Packages  here:
https://github.com/apache/airflow#backport-packages

The voting thread at the dev@ list is here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra8895ebbfb36ce9a5ca306624d146c328c5a0fd71b4b76e473805c51%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

J.