Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nimish Pachapurkar <np...@spikesource.com> on 2004/02/24 18:25:18 UTC

Watchdog 4.0 Test failures for Tomcat 5

Hello,

I am trying to run Watchdog 4.0 tests on Tomcat 5. I am aware that
Watchdog 4.0 tests the compliance with Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 while
Tomcat 5 supports Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0.

However, it seems to me that the failures I am getting are probably
independent of the Servlet and JSP version. For example, in jsp-xml
tests I got following two failures:

1.  [java]  [watchdog]  FAILED request_time_attributesTest
     [java]  [watchdog]
(GET/jsp-tests/jsp/tagext/misc/request_time_attributesXML.jsp HTTP/1.0)

In this test, the attributes are supposed to be evaluated from left to
right. However, the output on my tomcat server seems to evaluate
attributes from right to left.

2.  [java]  [watchdog]  Error in: GET
/jsp-tests/jsp/tagext/TldPathResolution/explicit/negativeAbsFatalTranslationErrorXML.jsp HTTP/1.0
     [java]  [watchdog]     Expected Status-Line with one or all of the
following values:
     [java]  [watchdog]     Status-Code: 500
     [java]  [watchdog]     Reason-Phrase:
     [java]  [watchdog]     Received: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
     [java]  [watchdog]  FAILED negativeAbsFatalTranslationErrorTest

This tests is supposed to ellicit a HTTP/500 error from server. However,
the output from my tomcat server seems to be a valid HTML file.

What can be the problem in these cases? I am using Tomcat 5 on Redhat
Linux 9.0 (i386). The Watchdog mailing lists seems to be dead. Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nimish