Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/12 09:11:01 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2019-11-12

2019-11-11 17:06:56 UTC - Addison Higham: this showed up on my radar over the weekend: <https://wecode.wepay.com/posts/waltz-a-distributed-write-ahead-log> (or docs site here: <https://wepay.github.io/waltz/docs/introduction.html>). tl;dr; is that they use a distributed log as the "true" WAL of their microservices before they persist to local DB. This is sort of where we are heading with pulsar (but via CDC). The design is such that it seems like something that could pretty easily be made to work on top of Pulsar.
+1 : David Kjerrumgaard, Matteo Merli, Sijie Guo
----