Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 03:09:34 UTC

please, some help with Hivemind

Hello,

step by step, I'm learning Tapestry 4.0.2 with Netbeans 5.5 ...
With that Netbeans version it's really easy to create persistence stuff.
It makes pojo class and persistence unit with a wizard. Great.

I've test the persistence in a page property, by a very dirty fashion.
But I know that it's working.

Here is the ugly code :

import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage ;
import javax.persistence.*; // implemented with TopLink
public abstract class DB01 extends BasePage
{
    EntityManagerFactory factory;
    EntityManager manager;
    public String getTest01()
    {
        factory = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("Tap02PU");
        manager = factory.createEntityManager();
        return "Ok, DB is connected" ;
    }
}

So, I come to you because your are so nice, that you will help me to
initialize the EntityManager with Hivemind
;-)

Please can you tell me how to declare the serive ? There are so many
things to learn : Form, Component, ... That I would like to not spend 2
days to find how to instantiate the EntityManager and how to access from
pages.

Promess, in several days, I will digg into Hivemind documentation (I'll
try to not use Spring but only Hivemind).

Thanks a lot
Cyrille