Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/13 10:19:59 UTC

Making sure, all released parts are visible

All,

The download page
http://devicemap.apache.org/download/
shows only part of what's already been released.

Beside simply echoing every word Reza said, unlike Reza himself Eberhard
never even released any files aside from tagging sources "1.0.0-incubating"
once.

I fixed some bugs, so doing a 1.0.1 release of both sounds reasonable and
releasing them properly this time.

BrowserMap still says 1.4.1-incubating. That's correct for its last
release. Radu do you expect another release in the near future, as this is
your technical focus beside helping the overall project as PMC chair?

Cheers,

Werner

Re: Making sure, all released parts are visible

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Yep, when Radu last released Browsermap he put the archives under
Staging URL: https://people.apache.org/~radu/browsermap/

So I'll follow a similar procedure for .NET as it does not involve the
Maven part either.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Seems, VS Code is only for editing sources, but does not include runtime
compilers other than for Node.js or ASP.net. So for Rich Client or Console
apps VS 2015 CE looks like the way to go.

I checked folders under
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#build-directories
And the /dist folder of DeviceMap also has no sign of the .NET clients.

Where would be the best place for binaries as Release Candidate (before
voting)? http://people.apache.org/builds/ or under our VM?
I haven't tried to upload there yet, but guess committer accounds should
work in most cases for those places.

Cheers,
Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Can't say for BrowserMap, but for .NET there were, mostly fixing bugs (e.g.
not finding any device data) but there I'd say it justifies a 1.0.1 release
at least.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Werner,

Could you handle the release for the .NET module? You'd have to create the
release artifacts (which should only contain source code), stage them, and
then start the release thread for that module. Obviously the 3 members of
the PMC (Bertrand, you and I) have to vote on it.