Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Moore, Scott R." <MO...@SEC.GOV> on 2003/04/03 19:54:14 UTC

Custom validation method that returns multiple error messages

Hi all,

I'm using a custom validation method to enforce three rules regarding
passwords.  I would like to be able to display up to three error messages,
but at first glance, the format required for the <validator> tag in my
custom-validator-rules.xml file only permits one error message:

      <!-- Validator for ensuring a password does not contain all or part of
user name -->
      <validator name="enforceSecurePassword"
       classname="gov.sec.lib.validation.Validation"
       method="enforceSecurePassword"
       methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                     org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                     org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                     org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors,
                     javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
                     javax.servlet.ServletContext"
       msg="errors.password"/>

Anybody know if there is a way around this?  Or do I have to have separate
custom validation methods to enforce each rule?

Thanks,
Scott Moore
mooresc@sec.gov