Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by 夏帆 <xi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 08:19:01 UTC

when a node jumps from joining to normal

     Recently I try to find out when a bootstraping node jumps from
joinning state to normal. I read the source code related to bootstrap and
have not found the codes updating the state of the node to be  normal. In
Bootstrapper.bootStrap(), the code
"StorageService.instance.finishBootStrapping()" is invokled at last, but
update of the Application status is not found. I am wondering whether there
is another thread that will update the status.

--
Best Regards!

fan xia

Re: when a node jumps from joining to normal

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM, 夏帆 <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> StorageService.joinTokenRing will only execute bootstrap(token) if the node
> boostraps. setToken is executed during a non-bootstrap startup.

Right.  bootstrap(token) is only called for bootstrapping nodes, but
setToken is called either way.

-Brandon

Re: when a node jumps from joining to normal

Posted by 夏帆 <xi...@gmail.com>.
StorageService.joinTokenRing will only execute bootstrap(token) if the node
boostraps. setToken is executed during a non-bootstrap startup. By the way,
the version of the source codes is 1.0.0-rc1.

--
Best Regards!

fan xia

Institute of Massive Computing
Software Engineering Institute
East China Normal University
NO.109(West), Math Building, NO.3663, Zhongshan Road(North), Shanghai, China

Re: when a node jumps from joining to normal

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.