Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Van Rogers-Ho <va...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 15:27:57 UTC

Roller 4.01 and Oracle SSO - Any documentation on integration?

Hi,

I've been tasked with integrating roller 4.01 on Weblogic 11g with Oracle
SSO. I haven't been able to find any documentation on integration with
Oracle SSO.

Any have any pointers?

Thanks,
Van

Re: Roller 4.01 and Oracle SSO - Any documentation on integration?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Roller 4.0.1 uses Spring security for authentication. That will
complicate things for you if you expect Java EE Container Managed Auth
(CMA). If you know Spring, the opposite might be true.

To understand Roller auth, read-up on Spring security and the take a
close look at Roller's WEB-INF/security.xml file. Also You might find
the following instructions useful, but they are not for Oracle SSO:

   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Roller+4.0+with+LDAP+and+CAS

In the upcoming Roller 5.0, it is possible to configure Roller to NOT
use Spring security and use Java EE CMA instead. If that idea works
better for you then consider that we are testing Roller 5.0 RC2 now.
It might be to your advantage to try 5.0 now and see if there are any
problems with using Roller 5 and Oracle SSO together, while we can
still fix them and get the fix into a release.

Roller 5.0 RC2 announcement:
   http://markmail.org/message/yrlfct6t6xn5rsic

Thanks,
- Dave