Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de> on 2014/08/01 14:27:11 UTC

which version of FFmpeg?

Hello Maxim,

There are a lot of FFmpeg version out there and the install instructions
for OpenMeetings are a little bit out-dated. Therefore: which version of
FFmpeg can you recommend for OpenMeetings?

FFmpeg 1.2.7,
FFmpeg 2.1.5,
FFmpeg 2.2.5 or
FFmpeg 2.3.1?

And which type of installation you would suggest? (I am using debian
wheezy as an OpenMeetings server.)

Installing it from github:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg

Installing FFmpeg as a software package, for debian f.e.:
http://www.deb-multimedia.org

or from the sources:
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-2.3.1.tar.bz2
or
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-2.2.5.tar.bz2
and so on ...?

Thanks for an advise,
Michael

Re: which version of FFmpeg?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm using this https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu version
unfortunately have no time to determinr minimal working version :(

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax