Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Attila BODY <co...@freemail.hu> on 2004/03/09 15:19:25 UTC

diff on moved files

Hi all,

Assume you have a foo directory in the repository. In foo there is a
bar.c. Development goes on, bar.c changes several times.

Later you move the whole foo project under a "trunk" directory with "svn
mv foo  trunk" command. How can I get diff between a version before the
move and a version after the move? If I try "svn diff -r x:y bar.c" where
x is a version before the mv, i get a
"file:///path/to/repo/trunk/foo/bar.c was not found in the repository"
error message. svn log and svn blame works as supposed to work only diff
is not possible.

Thanks in advance,

Attila

Re: diff on moved files

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:19, Attila BODY wrote:
> How can I get diff between a version before the
> move and a version after the move?

You run 'svn diff URL1@X URL2@Y'.

This is a known shortcoming in 'svn diff'... it ought to follow
copy/move history automatically, but doesn't yet.   See issue 1093.