Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by rodi hansen <ro...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/18 15:57:49 UTC

translating to faroese

Dear Openoffice
I can support you in translate english into faroese in your text document, spreadsheet etc.We are many who want to have faroese language in OpenOffice, just as we see in facebbok, google etc.
Hope you can use my free translation help for increasing your list of native languages.
Sincerely
Róði Hansen

Re: translating to faroese

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 18/08/2016 rodi hansen wrote:
> We are many who want to have faroese language in OpenOffice

Welcome! There are multiple levels of supporting a new language in
OpenOffice. The best place for language-related discussions is the l10n
list https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html but we can start
here on the dev list.

The first step is to add Faroese to the document languages in OpenOffice
unless it's already there. This is needed to describe that a document is
written in Faroese (even if you use, e.g., the English version of
OpenOffice to write it). It also enables recognition of a Faroese
spellchecker. This will require a bit of work on your side, but it can
be done in a few days.

The second step is to add Faroese as an interface language. This is a
significant effort, as the interface is a lot of text; it is best done
by a team and it will take several weeks.

Would you like to start with the first step while you get organized for
the second? In that case I can give you more detailed instructions on
what information we need from you.

Regards,
   Andrea.