Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by wojtekpia <wo...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/10 02:36:39 UTC

Changing masterUrl in ReplicationHandler at Runtime

Hi,
I'm trying to change the masterUrl of a search slave at runtime. So far I've
found 2 ways of doing it:

1. Change solrconfig_slave.xml on master, and have it replicate to
solrconfig.xml on the slave
2. Change solrconfig.xml on slave, then issue a core reload command. (a side
note: can I issue the reload-core command without having a solr.xml file? I
had to run a single core in multi-core mode to make this work)

So far I like solution 2 better. Does it make sense to add a 'sticky'
parameter to the ReplicationHandler's fetchindex command? Something like:
http://slave_host:port/solr/replication?command=fetchindex&masterUrl=myUrl&stickyMasterUrl=true
If true then 'myUrl' would continue being used for replication, including
future polling.

Are there other solutions?

Thanks,

Wojtek

Re: Changing masterUrl in ReplicationHandler at Runtime

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
it would be better to add a command to change the master in runtime.

But Solr are planning to move to a zookeeper based system where this
can be automatically be taken care of