Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2011/08/15 12:14:32 UTC

Email message gets corrupted using James SMTP server

Hi all,

I'm running into a serious problem with James 2.3.2.

When sending a MIME email with a bigger body (around 300k), it seems
that the James SMTP receiver manipulates the body of the email and add a
fragment of the body again at the end of the original body.

Try to let me explain how I discovered that after seeing this issue...

I manipulated the SMTP receiver source ( in SMTPSession.setMail(Mail) )
code to dump out the MIME message directly after it is received using
the MimeMessage.writeTo(OutputStream) method. When checking the dumped
eml file, I can see the additional fragment at the end of the message. I
see this happen for large body content as well as for larger
attachments. In case of larger attachments after the last MIME separator
in the email, a part of the attachment content is added at the end of
the email without any MIME separator followed.

Is this a know issue or does anyone else have seen this before?

Any help or hints are welcome.

Thanks

Michael

Re: Email message gets corrupted using James SMTP server

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Hi all,

sorry for bothering you with that... this seems to be an user/windows issue.

It seems copy and paste from one windows machine to another is causing
this trouble and not the
James itself. I'm not sure what is going on there, but it is not a James
issue.

Sorry again...

-- Michael

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.