Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com> on 2012/07/23 12:36:34 UTC

Devcloud: Remote deployment fixes

Hi,

For developers: In DevCloud, after rdeploy-ing, I'm unable to attach primary nfs storage using the host 10.0.2.15 and path /opt/storage/primary. The web client throws StorageResource error.

Fix:
To use /opt/storage/primary as the primary storage nfs mount point; specify /opt/storage/primary in /etc/exports to use the directory as our primary storage

Perhaps update the wiki page?

Is this a similar bug where you need to explicitly specify ifs mount points: http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14469

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

RDebug log: http://pastebin.com/wjgndSVp

Re: Devcloud: Remote deployment fixes

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

> Actually, you don't need to add primary nfs storage. By default, devcloud is using local storage, everytime, after you add a host, the primary local storage will be shown up in the UI.

I agree the default devcloud setup does that.

> Yah, of cause, if you want to add NFS primary storage by yourself, then need to add /opt/storage/primary into /etc/exports. I'll update the wiki.

The issue is when you rdeploy your code/build, the webapp won't let you select local storage and if you don't give it primary nfs storage, it won't proceed.

A dirty hack one can use would be to use the host/path values of secondary storage for both.

Thanks,
Rohit

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.