Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Doshi, Nilesh" <Ni...@corp.ALLADVANTAGE.com> on 2000/01/26 21:04:05 UTC

building new application

 I was able to build samples files on solaris .
Now, We are receiving a datafile from a vendor which is in a XML format
based on DTD supplied by them.
I want to remove all those XML tags  and create a flat file with data only.
Use that flat file to upload data into Oracle.
I'm new to XML so can somebody tell me how do i go about this ?
Thx,
Nilesh

Posted by Anupam Bagchi <ab...@hyperreal.org>.
My first reaction would be to say NO. Oracle is a smart database package
that knows how to read XML. They have nice features in 8i. Creating a flat
file from an XML is like going backward. A better solution would be to
investigate how you can read the XML directly into Oracle. IBM's DB2
extender has this capability too.

- Anupam
Anupam Bagchi
Advisory Software Engineer