Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/02/06 07:45:31 UTC

Mailing list footers?

Hi,

There were some discussions recently about adding an automatic footer
to all Flex mailing list messages.

I suggest adding just this:

If people agree, I'll create an infra JIRA issue to have this configured.

-Bertrand

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Om <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This one?

This would be much better.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
The one in Paul's email is fine with me. The first link is for people that
want to help with the project and don't know where to get started, not
necessarily for people who don't know what Flex is. We want to be helpful
to new comers in this way (search for "want to help" or "how to get
started" in the mailing list archives).

In another way these links are also for *us* to get to the other areas of
the project we use most. These are more valuable when you are working on
multiple devices, which many of do, and don't have all the project links
bookmarked on them.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by John Fletcher <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
This one?

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Paul Evans <pa...@creative-cognition.co.uk>.
On 27 Feb 2012, at 09:26, David Arno wrote:

> no email footer.

I do think Betrand's suggestion in the original post would cover everything without being too intrusive. I think most of the other items suggested could/should/do probably live on that page, or be links from that page. I'd prefer to trim the text down though and simply include the link:

Posted by David Arno <da...@davidarno.org>.
Can we limit the footer to 2 or 3 items at most?
Or it's going to be longer than a lot of the messages.

I'd go one further and request that we leave it as is, ie with no email
footer. I really would prefer that we didn't have ten lines of noise at the
end of every single email.

David.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Paul Evans <pa...@creative-cognition.co.uk>.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Ariel Jakobovits <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Can we have a script running that can insert our footer for us as well as some dynamically generated output, like:
- most active threads
- current votes and lazies
- newest threads

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
How about this:

---

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Markmail is fine, but there is also http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-flex-dev/

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
How's this:

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by João Saleiro <jo...@webfuel.pt>.
On 06-02-2012 06:45, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I suggest adding just this:
>
>    --

I am in favor of creating a wiki page with a more generic faq (not the
developer-faqs.html) with those recurring questions that we often see in
the ML (how do I unsubscribe?  where is the roadmap? how do I
contribute? will flash player be open-sourced? will flex cross-compile
to JS/HTML5? (etc)).
If someone gives me permissions, I can slowly take care of some of those
(despite I'm completely overwhelmed with work and without money (thank
you European crysis :|)).

João Saleiro

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

> There were some discussions recently about adding an automatic footer
> to all Flex mailing list messages.
>
> I suggest adding just this:
>
>  --
>
> If people agree, I'll create an infra JIRA issue to have this configured.
>
> -Bertrand

I think this should suffice. It'll keep the overhead small but send people
directly to the page where they should be able to get all the information
they need.

-omar

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.
Is it possible to have a markmail list to that mailinglist mail in the
footer? Does the software used by apache support that?
If so: that would be awesome.

yours
Martin

PS.: [LAZY] decisions are decision too :)

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mailing list footers?

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.