Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/05 09:05:34 UTC

Re: boosting and relevancy options from solr extensibility points -java-

>in a certain time period (say christmas) I will promote a doc in "christmas"
keyword

You might check the QueryElevation component in SOLR.

>or based on users interest I will boost a specific category of products.
>or (I am not sure how can I do this one) I will boost docs that current
>user's friends (source:facebook) purchased/used/...

You can check
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Recommender+Documentation
apache mahout  for this purpose. It's got recommendation engine that works
pretty well.

Thanx
Pravesh