Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2004/12/22 18:07:48 UTC

Plans?

I was intending to work on Scout during the break - is there anything in
particular that can be worked on independently? Anil, it seems like you
are actively working on stuff - can you give me a pointer so I don't
stop on your toes (and so we can avoid SVN conflicts :-) )

--
Jeremy

Re: Plans?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Steve Viens wrote:
> Anil, Dims, Jeremy,
>
> I'm having some trouble committing to the Scout Subversion repository.
> The change I'm making is minor. I've removed an unused import from one
> class and was committing mostly to verify that I could commit
> successfully.
>
> I'm new to Subversion so I may just have it set up in Eclipse
> incorrectly (I'm accessing via the Subclipse plugin).  I'm using the
> following URL:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout
>
> Should I be using something like this instead?
>
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout
>
> It didn't seem to work for me last night. I got a "Server Certificate
> Verification Failed: Issuer not trusted (http://svn.apache.org)"

The http: URL is read-only, to commit you need to use the https: one.

IIRC Apache is using a self-signed cert so Eclipse is right in saying
the issuer is not trusted. The command line prompts to ask whether you
want to trust the cert anyway and then remembers (it also remembers
username and password); I would hope there's a way for Eclipse to do
that too.

It maybe that Eclipse is relying on svn already being setup; I would
suggest trying first with the command line.

I would also say that svn is MUCH easier to use from the command line
that CVS was; with CVS I always used WinCVS or IdeaJ's integration
whereas with svn I find myself using the command line most of the time.

--
Jeremy

Re: Scout Details

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Happy Christmas!!!!
>
> Please make use of JIRA to add tasks/components.

I don't seem to have dev access to Jira for Scout (e.g. to assign an
issue to myself) - can someone add me please.

Thanks
--
Jeremy

Scout Details

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,
   Happy Christmas!!!!

Please make use of JIRA to add tasks/components.

An issue which Steve will be able to help us is the
mapping of Jaxr ClassificationScheme/Concepts to UDDI
tmodels. This has been described in the Appendix D of
the JAXR specification. This is pretty important as it
will be used in the findClassificationSchemeXXX and
like in BusinessQueryManager.

Cheers,
Anil

RE: Plans?

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
/usr/local/bin/svn checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout/trunk

   scout

is the command line way of doing things in Unix.

svn commit
svn status
svn diff

Just like CVS.

Now if you ask me how to do it via an IDE, :-)

RE: Plans?

Re: Plans?

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.