Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vipul Sagare <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/07 22:13:32 UTC

AXIS Fault: Bean attribute is of type java.lang.String, which is not a simple type

I came across same error on the mailing list but no explanation on how to resolve it or root cause of it.

I am getting following error while trying to access the service to get WSDL for deployed Web Service.  Using AXIS 1.4.

AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:  (Please note that "code" is name of attribute).  If needed, I can post WSDL.   Please help.

Fault - Bean attribute code is of type java.lang.String, which is not a simple type

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Bean attribute code is of type java.lang.String, which is not a simple type
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname: