Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/12 22:08:54 UTC

Tarball names.... :-(

ARGH!  The repository re-org leaves us with an interesting question.  What
is the name of the tarballs?  I am using apache_2.0a9 for this release,
because that will cause the least confusion IMO.  If we want to change the
name for beta 1 nothing stops us.  This is probably a discussion we should
have before we try to roll B1.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Tarball names.... :-(

Posted by fi...@ebuilt.com.
> ARGH!  The repository re-org leaves us with an interesting question.  What
> is the name of the tarballs?  I am using apache_2.0a9 for this release,
> because that will cause the least confusion IMO.  If we want to change the
> name for beta 1 nothing stops us.  This is probably a discussion we should
> have before we try to roll B1.

It is not desirable to have the repository module name and the export
directory name be the same -- exports should always be separate from
your normal checkouts.

I say call it apache_httpd_2_0_0a9

....Roy