Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Hugh Brien <hu...@novuscg.com> on 2001/11/26 22:46:16 UTC

Transaction Capability in IDBroker

Question:  Possible bug in IDBroker with SQLServer.  We are running
tests on IDBroker with SQLServer and the following is what we have
figured out so far.

SQL Server 7
Thin Web Driver
Turbine 2 Source lastest CVS Build.
Torque generated classes from TDK

The problem we have uncovered is with the transactions and IDBroker. For
some reason there the database won't commit the update on the next_id
field of the id table.

In the storedIds method in the IDBroker class we temporarily set
transactionsSupported to false to see what would happen and the code
worked.

                String databaseName = dbMap.getName();

                // Get a connection to the db by starting a
                // transaction.
		    transactionsSupported = false;
                if (transactionsSupported)
                {
                    dbCon = BasePeer.beginTransaction(databaseName);
                }
                else
                {
                    dbCon = TurbineDB.getConnection(databaseName);
                }
                Connection connection = dbCon.getConnection();

Is there a setting in TR.props where we can set this manually, or is
there a fixed for this that we may have missed.

r,
Hugh