Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Chang <jc...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/27 08:17:16 UTC

using ajp (isapi_redirector2.dll) without tomcat

Hi:

    I am trying to get ajp to work with other jsp/servlet engines other then
tomcat.   Right now I am working on IIS with isapi_redirector2.dll and
listening on port 8009 with my own ajp listener.  The problem is somehow the
dll never calls to port 8009 when I am accessing http://localhost/examples/*

    I downloaded isapi_redirector2.dll from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.2/bin/win32/

    I have set up the registry settings and use the simple works2.properties file
as shown below.  IIS shows the dll is loaded correctly, but when I try to request to
http://localhost/examples/xxxxx , the isapi_redirector2.dll doesn't send any
request to port 8009.

    Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my configuration file?  Or is
the dll somehow need tomcat to work (I have set it to use socket, but maybe
the dll needs some configuration file or shared library from tomcat)??

    Any pointer will be usefull.
    Thanks!

    the registry I used is:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="d:\\tm"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"workersFile"="D:\\shared\\iisredir\\workers2.properties"
"authComplete"="0"
"threadPool"="5"

    All strings are properly installed.

My workers2.properties file contains:

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

Re: using ajp (isapi_redirector2.dll) without tomcat

Posted by James Chang <jc...@hotmail.com>.
I have downloaded apache binary dist and the ajp connector source, and
builded the IIS redirector (It was rather strange that apr.h is in apache
binary dist but not in the apache source release).

What I found with debug messages is,  HttpFilterProc() is called with I
request http://localhost/examples/xxxxx, which means the dll is installed
correctly and the configuration files are correct (mappings and etc).
However there is no line of code in HttpFilterProc() that actually calls
anything to open the socket and send data.  I checked several possible
functions to see if they are the ones who send data, but all turn out to be
some string manipulation functions.

Could someone tell me which function call in HttpFilterProc actaully result
in open socket to 8009 port?

Thanks