Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vanessa Harvie <va...@orange.fr> on 2018/09/12 11:23:43 UTC

Microsoft word has hijacked my docs

Hi ,

I have been using your Open Office 4.1.3 after a friend who works in IT downloaded it for me. All was well until I used a free trial period on Microsoft Word to read a document sent to me by someone. It as the only way to read it. Then a few weeks ago all my documents suddenly converted to Word docs and I can’t use them, alter them etc without paying a subscription. I have contacted Microsoft who say they cannot help. ....even though as I pointed out to them they have essentially stolen MY documents. It is outrageous. Is there some way to change them back to Open Office?

Many thanks.

Regards, Vanessa
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---