Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Andrew Munn <mu...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/17 22:32:39 UTC

Ignite Web Console requires root?

https://www.gridgain.com/docs/web-console/latest/deploying-web-console

says:

By default, the Web Console control process will listen for incoming
connections on port 3000, requiring it and its various child processes to
run with root-level privileges on UNIX-like operating systems (e.g., Linux
and MacOS).

Why root?? 3000 > 1024. Nobody should want this agent running as root,
right?

Re: Ignite Web Console requires root?

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
I suspect it’s missing a “not” in there somewhere. You certainly do not need root access.

Regards,
Stephen