Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/08 17:45:37 UTC

Work starting for SRC R8 implementation

Hi,

I have started a branch (srcR8) where ongoing work will be done to
implement the future OSGi R8 Declarative Services spec updates.  Apache
Felix SCR implementation will remain the reference implementation for the
Declarative Services.  I plan to periodically publish snapshots of SCR out
of this branch so they can be easily consumed by the OSGi build for the
OSGi R8 specification development.  I have updated the minor version of SCR
to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT in the scrR8 branch.

During development of the R8 implementation, the main branch at felix-dev
will remain at version 2.1.x and continue to implement the OSGi R7
Declarative Services Specification.  Needless to say, SCR R8 implementation
will not be merged into the main branch until the OSGi R8 Declarative
Services specification has been published as a proposed final draft (no I
don't have a timeline for when that will be).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Tom

Re: Work starting for SRC R8 implementation

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com>.
Indeed!

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Hopefully that's SCR... ;-)